Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Telus Iphone/ Samsung Galaxy S2X

So i have a Samsung Galaxy S2X and was wondering, if i buy a telus iphone 4 if i could switch between the two without having to get the iphone unlocked. Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think the S2x doesn't have the same SIM card as the iPhone. But it could be possible with 2 different SIM card. Unfortunately you would need to connect to self serve every time you change the phone to change the SIM card #
you will definitely have to change your sim to a micro, and depending on the location of the sim card slot on the samsung if you place the micro into it properly it will still work no problem (basically if the sim card holder is behind the battery your good to go, because if you notice on the iphone the sim slot is designed to fit only the micro and you cant place around with the placement of the sim since it is fixed into a moulding).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PZABOY wrote:

you will definitely have to change your sim to a micro, and depending on the location of the sim ...

Um... see my post below
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And a locked Telus iPhone 4 should work with Koodo. You just have to follow the steps in the link here: http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-3-d.shtml Note that this will update your iOS
Dennis wrote:

And a locked Telus iPhone 4 should work with Koodo. You just have to follow the steps in the lin...

Yes but i would not like to restore my iphone, it has a very special jail break
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

And a locked Telus iPhone 4 should work with Koodo. You just have to follow the steps in the lin...

Mine has a jailbreak too. Luckily since it is an iPhone 4, as long as you have your SHSH Blobs backed up you can roll back to your currrent iOS