Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Teenagers phone locked - HELP!

My daughter has a Samsung Galaxy Ace and not only forgot her unlock pattern, but her gmail and password is not working either. How can she get her phone working again?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Is data blocked on the phone?
Chad Burr wrote:

Can't even get into the phone - can only enter the email, but that won't work
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

If the phone has a working data connection you might be able to reset her Gmail password via a computer and then get into the phone with the new password
Chad Burr wrote:

Tried that and it didn't work! 😞
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Other than that a factory reset os the only option I'm aware of You may also be able to send the phone an unlocking app but you'd need the Gmail password to access Google play as well.
Chad Burr wrote:

Ok - do you know how I can do the factory reset?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Keep in mind a factory reset will erase all your apps and user data.
Chad Burr wrote:

Right now - I don't think she cares - lol
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Here's a video on how to get into recovery mode http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=t6iffIubz8s&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dt6iffIubz8s
Chad Burr wrote:

Thank You!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The only way to get back in at this point would be to do a factory reset. This will wipe any data stored on the phone itself, but anything saved to the sim card or the sd card should be fine. To factory reset the Samsung Galaxy Ace: • Take out battery, memory card and SIM • Put battery back in phone. • Hold down POWER/LOCK + HOME for 3 seconds • Scroll with volume button to wipe data/factory reset. Press center button to select • Scroll with volume button to YES and select with center button • Once wipe complete select reboot system now with center button • Phone will power up on its own, wait for arrow and menu button to light up then follow steps
Thanks everyone! Did the reset and she is one happy girl! You guys saved me a battle!
Userlevel 7
You're very welcome, anytime! And big props to the Timo for the assist! 🙂