Koodo Community
Solved

TCL10L crashed after update

Hi guys I have just carried out the latest update on my TCL10l and its completely locked up I had a message stating oops something went wrong with update and know all I get is the TCL logo flashing on screen.

Could this be a problem with a security patch ?

Can anyone help the TCL is my only device except my laptop so contacting support can be limited.

icon

Best answer by rikkster 1 May 2021, 21:24

Try wiping the cache partition first before performing a factory reset, (see the link to video). This way you won’t lose any saved data on your phone if the procedure is a success. If the boot loop persists after wiping the cache partition, then a factory reset is the next step. 

Wipe Cache Partition | Video

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The reset does absolutely nothing? Have you backed up your phone?

no I have not for a quite a while.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Looks like you are screwed if the phone is stuck in a boot loop. Your only recourse is a hard reset which means you will lose all your phone data

https://albastuz3d.net/how-to-hard-reset-tcl-10l-smartphone/

Badge +4

Try wiping the cache partition first before performing a factory reset, (see the link to video). This way you won’t lose any saved data on your phone if the procedure is a success. If the boot loop persists after wiping the cache partition, then a factory reset is the next step. 

Wipe Cache Partition | Video