Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Tab balence

I'm slightly confused....tried to switch to a new plan, it wouldn't let me. Sent a tweet to koodo on Saturday. No reply... I've read here on the forums it could be your tab balence mine currently says :50 In that format. The funny thing is I've never gotten a phone from koodo, only ever got a SIM card and used my own devices. Does this tab mean I owe 50...because I don't see how I owe money for a phone I never had...

3 replies

Userlevel 7
You actually have a positive balance which means you have 50$ you can use towards another phone without ever having to pay it back.. You're still on the old tab system however since you have the No tab discount, which doesn't exist anymore. You're going to need to call customer service in order to switch. You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation Monday - Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

You actually have a positive balance which means you have 50$ you can use towards another phone w...

In addition, if you take off the No Tab discount (which happens when you switch to the new plans since these are Tab free plans), you can never get the no tab discount or your old plan back every again. 

Just make sure you are clear that the new plan is better for your needs

So if you get a tab in the future with the new plans, they just add the tab charge (which is just a temporary loan that will be paid back in 24 equal payments over 24 months) to your monthly bill.