Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Tab almost paid off wanting a new phone with the tab

my koodo tab is almost paid off I have about 67$ left on it and I was wondering if i can get A new phone like the iPhone 5s, but i was wondering can i add it too my tab ,or do I have to pay my whole tab first in order to to get the $150 tab offered for the phone

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes, You'll have to pay off your existing tab before Koodo will give you another tab. You can do this right in self serve. You also have the option to just buy the iphone outright and let Koodo continue to pay your remaining tab.
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

Yes, You'll have to pay off your existing tab before Koodo will give you another tab. You can...

Actually, she can use what's available currently on the tab. That option hasn't gone away.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Yes, You'll have to pay off your existing tab before Koodo will give you another tab. You can...

Wasn't it supposed to?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Myke, we were told that "customers must pay off their outstanding tab balance before upgrading" At the end if the day there is no difference in total dollars spent though lol
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

That's upgrading "tabs", not upgrading phones.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

^^^ Agree
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

Glad you agree with me Chad 😉.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Actually Myke I thought I was Agreeing with Dennis, I have a feeler out for a confimation with our Liason as this goes counter to our understanding.
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

Yeah, I knwo your response was directed at Dennis 😛. i'm simply adding clarification to the upgrade of the phone only, does not require paying out the remainder of the tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes you have to pay off your tab first before you can get another one. You also have the option to get a Tab Medium ($300) or Tab Large ($500) if you are on a plan that qualifies. Also note that the Medium and Large also have a Monthly Tab Contribution ($5 and $10 respectively). If you are looking for the iPhone 5s, make sure to call the store first to make sure they have stock since the 5s has been selling like hotcakes and supplies are limited http://koodomobile.com/en/on/storelocator.shtml
Userlevel 2
You would have to pay off the remainder of your current Tab, then be able to take a Tab for a $150 discount off your choice of phone. Effectively, this is the same thing as keeping your Tab balance, then adding to the Tab upto $150 minus your current Tab balance. Your current Tab balance is $67 and you want the iPhone 5S for $725. You would need to pay the $67 of your remaining Tab balance. You would then be able to use $150 from the Tab and buy the iPhone 5S for $575 (that is $725 - $150). So your total cost would be $575 + $67 = $642. Thought of the alternate way, you could "top up" the Tab to $150 but since you have a $67 balance, you would only get a $83 ($150 - $67) discount because the max Tab balance for a Tab S is $150. So to buy the iPhone 5S, you would pay $642 ($725 - $83). In the end, your out-of-pocket expense is exactly the same. It's just the way you think about it that is different. Ok, no more math... to answer your question... you can do it.
Userlevel 2
quasarito wrote:

You would have to pay off the remainder of your current Tab, then be able to take a Tab for a $15...

You do not have to pay off the remainder of the current tab to use the same tab. You can use whats available. IE: I have -$50 remaining. I can still use $100 towards a phone without having to pay out the $50.
Userlevel 2
quasarito wrote:

You would have to pay off the remainder of your current Tab, then be able to take a Tab for a $15...

Hi Myke, My 2nd-to-last paragraph: "In the end, your out-of-pocket expense is exactly the same. It's just the way you think about it that is different." So whether you want to think of it as "pay off tab then upgrade phone", or "upgrade phone with available Tab room"... it is effectively the same out-of-pocket cost. I only gave the two example because some people have an easier time understanding one scenario over the other. In the end, the math is the same.
Userlevel 2
quasarito wrote:

I do agree, I'm just wanting to make sure that people aren't confused about using their current tab, needing to pay it out just to use the full tab again(which they can do now).