Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching Sim to Oneplus One Phone

I just received the Oneplus One phone and I wanted to move my current Koodo sim card from the Galaxy S5 to the Oneplus One. So I put the sim card in but the network is not coming up and I cannot use data, any solutions to this problem?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you see Koodo in the list of networks (or Telus)? Is 3G switched on? Check your APN settings too: http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/data-basics/how-do-i-setup-data-on-my-non-koodo-phone
No I cannot see Koodo in the list of networks. Yes 3G is switched on (As in I set it to preferred network type) and I changed all those APN settings too and went save but it doesn't seem to save because Koodo still does not show up in the APN listings even after I saved the settings.
Bryan Shaw wrote:

No I cannot see Koodo in the list of networks. Yes 3G is switched on (As in I set it to preferred...

Any other possible solutions? Or am I doing something wrong?
Userlevel 5
does your voice at least work or is the signal bar empty as well?
Du wrote:

does your voice at least work or is the signal bar empty as well?

Not sure what you mean by "does your voice work" and the signal bar says Emergency Calls Only.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you try power cycle?
Mayumi wrote:

Did you try power cycle?

What's power cycle?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Did you try power cycle?

Turn off the power and turn it again (press and hold the power button to turn it off and do it again to turn it on) You said you can see Telus as available network. Choose Telus and see what'll happen.
I don't know if this helps at all but I also go search available networks and Rogers, Bell, and Telus are the only ones that show up. I also tired Choose Automatically to find a network and it still did not work.
Check that the sim card is inserted the right way. The tray can slide in upside down and you won't know. There's wording that says "face battery cover".
Ian Mckenna wrote:

Check that the sim card is inserted the right way. The tray can slide in upside down and you won'...

That fixed it, I had no idea that the SIM Card was upside down (man I feel stupid). But thanks!
Ian Mckenna wrote:

Check that the sim card is inserted the right way. The tray can slide in upside down and you won'...

I was on the phone with koodo tech support when I figured it out. I felt pretty dumb too 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ian Mckenna wrote:

Things like these can happen to anyone. Glad your issue has been resolved.