Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching SIM cards

Hi, I plan on getting an unlocked Nexus 5 from Google Play. I want to switch my SIM card from my Samsung Galaxy S2 X but I can't because they use different types of SIM cards. If I were to buy a new micro SIM card, can I keep the same plan, number and contacts? The plan I am using a promotional plan, which is why I really want to keep my plan because none of these plans have any good data rates

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Yup You can do all.of that via self serve and transfer you contacts via bluetooth
Chad Burr wrote:

Yup You can do all.of that via self serve and transfer you contacts via bluetooth

So i can keep the same data promotional plan too?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Yup, just register your sim via self serve and you get to keep your plan too 😃 To register your new sim once you get it>Log into self serve>swap mobile phone>pick the option that applies>activate new sim and done!
Chad Burr wrote:

Sweet, thanks for the fast replies
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Btw you will love the N5 as an upgrade from the S2x. Enjoy it.
Chad Burr wrote:

I did it a a Koodo kiosk. They never charged me a penny.
You also have the option of cutting your sim card to a microsim size as well. If you go to a store that offers this service such as a Best Buy or Futureshop its $5.00