Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching phones.

I have a Samsung 4S and I was given an Iphone5C (that was connected to Rogers they had upgraded) and given me the phone. Am I able to use this phone with my koodo account? Mind you I still owe on the phone through Koodo. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Sandra Yes you can use the phone but you need to have it unlocked By Rogers before
Ok so I just have to call rogers and have them unlock it, correct?  And once I do that what do I need to do through Koodo?  Do I have to pay the current phone off first then switch to the iphone, or does everything stay the same? Will I need a new sim card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sandra Nageleisen wrote:

Ok so I just have to call rogers and have them unlock it, correct?  And once I do that what ...

If your friend can unlock it for you, then it might be better.
I don;t know if Rogers will unlock the iPhone (from your friend) if you don't have an account with them.

And yes, you just need to get a new sim card since they use different size.
Then you can activate/upgrade your SIM card through self serve.
You don't need to pay off tab.

If store rep is not busy, they might able to upgrade your SIM card at a store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sandra Nageleisen wrote:

Ok so I just have to call rogers and have them unlock it, correct?  And once I do that what ...

Everything stays the same. You keep paying your plan an tab. The 5c uses a nano Sim so you will need to buy a new Sim card and transfer to it and then you're good to go!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The other customer needs to call Rogers. You can not unlock a Rogers phone if you're not a customer. After that you would jusye need to swap SIM card if they are the same size. Unfortunately I think they're not so you would need to go buy a new SIM card in store and ask them to make the switch on your account You do not need to pay your current phone.