Koodo Community

Community

Solved

switching from android to iphone but still owe on tab

can I switch phones but keep the same plan? i want to get an Iphone, i have a galaxy s2x, i still owe tab on the galaxy, i was wondering if i got an iphone could i keep the same plan and continue to pay off the tab even though I am using a different phone. is that possible thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 6
You could keep your plan for sure. You won't be able to get a large tab though although I wouldn't recommend that anyways. If you want to offset the cost of your new phone a little you can jump up to 'medium' tab and get up to $300 off. The only requirement is that your plan is at least $30 a month. If you already have that anyways you can stay on your existing plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Either you can buy the iphone out right and continue paying off your current tab. Or you can pay off your tab and get the iphone on a new tab. If you are getting a Tab S then you can keep your current plan. A Tab M requires a plan of $30 or more. A Tab L requires a new Tab L plan
Dennis wrote:

Either you can buy the iphone out right and continue paying off your current tab. Or you can p...

thank-you, yes i am buying the iphone flat out, but from apple, as i want the 64gb version, this answers my question, thank-you
i wouldn't be getting a new tab, as the iphone koodo has isn't enough memory for me, so i would be getting it right from apple then bringing it to koodo, and yes my plan is the 30$ plan and I want to keep the exact same plan, just transfered to the iphone. thank-you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MattMaro wrote:

i wouldn't be getting a new tab, as the iphone koodo has isn't enough memory for me, so i would b...

Perfect. Just get the new phone and pop in the sim card and everything should work fine
MattMaro wrote:

i wouldn't be getting a new tab, as the iphone koodo has isn't enough memory for me, so i would b...

thank-you 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MattMaro wrote:

You would need a new sim card. The S2x takes a standard size sim card, any iphone apple is still selling would require a micro or a nano sim.
MattMaro wrote:

yes I know, i was just wondering if my plan was transferable to the new sim, thanks
Userlevel 6
MattMaro wrote:

It would be.
MattMaro wrote:

thank-you 🙂