Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switched to Rogers- Didn't want to!

Userlevel 1
Sadly, I had to make the switch over to Rogers! I'm a high data user and I don't have a tab so it was hard for me to justify paying 90$ a month for the 5GB plan when I can get 6GB on a BYOP plan for 65$ in QC with Rogers. I'd MUCH rather be using Koodo right now but the price difference is enormous for these high data usage plans. I really hope that pricing structure changes soon and I'll happily switch back to Koodo. Great customer service and phone prices, but the plan prices at the higher end just aren't competitive enough. 

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Agreed. If anything Koodo should adopt their MB / SK pricing nation wide
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Agreed. If anything Koodo should adopt their MB / SK pricing nation wide

Exactly Koodo would gain so many customers it would even out profits at the least or gain them profits with more subscribers but best of all their customers would truly be happy not just try to be told that they're happy.
Userlevel 1
Give em a year or two and they will match it or beat it data is just starting to get available. In larger amounts
Userlevel 7
Funny, Koodo used to also have a regional exclusive plan for Quebec but I guess not anymore. Oh well, I won't lose sleep over it
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Funny, Koodo used to also have a regional exclusive plan for Quebec but I guess not anymore. Oh w...

I think now they have the same plans but for a few dollars less than in Ontario.
Rogers new BYOD plans are very tempting. I was going to switch to Rogers, but I decided not to in the end. How does Rogers compare to Koodo in terms of call quality and reception?
Userlevel 1
Loki wrote:

Rogers new BYOD plans are very tempting. I was going to switch to Rogers, but I decided not to in...

Well, besides the large outtage yesterday for a couple hours in the afternoon in a number of spots across the country, I'd say the call was been reliable. I live in downtown Montreal and have tested data speeds all over the city and they are consistently much faster. Not a huge deal for me, just a noticeable difference. The voicemail that comes with the BYOB isn't as good as Koodo and the app is much less polished and user friendly. But, for 65$ a month, I had to do it.
Userlevel 3
Loki wrote:

Rogers new BYOD plans are very tempting. I was going to switch to Rogers, but I decided not to in...

Get the 5gb plan for $48 from koodo. Lots of people offer them online: http://m.kijiji.ca/cell-phone/city-of-toronto/koodo-48-month-special-cellphone-plan-5gb-unlimited-minutes/v?adId=1087093621&ck=CK&from=Search&ts=1437965596372
Userlevel 7
Loki wrote:

EmilX, I hope you know that that's a scam right?
Loki wrote:

Even if it is not a scam, I still would not do it. 
Userlevel 1
Loki wrote:

And Koodo is doing some pretty extensive auditing of those SK/MB plans for that reason. That's up on kijiji all over the country. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Loki wrote:

A scam is a ripoff. I don't have to pay this guy until my plan is switched. HAve yiu guys had somethign that you didin't expect from these guys?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Loki wrote:

EmilX, Why would you recommend someone get this when you got this taken away from you? I'm confused.

Userlevel 3
Loki wrote:

I had a different seller this time. His method is foolproof. In theory. I will do anything to save a buck. We shall see what happens next.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Loki wrote:

You care to share this foolproof method?
Userlevel 1
Loki wrote:

I hope Koodo is reading this threat and thinking about changing its plans 🙂
Userlevel 5
Loki wrote:

And people say the cell phone carriers are shady. I would argue that the only "foolproof" method to get around this is to live in SK or MB. Otherwise they can see if 100% of your usage over X time period are not in those provinces, and then they can make you change it.
Userlevel 1
Loki wrote:

I'd just prefer more data at a more competitive price.
 I just hope that Koodo will  soon try to match Rogers or Fido plans . Rogers is notorious for overcharging for no reasons. I think that Koodo in general has much more to offer compare to the rest of the cell phone carriers. Thanks for your feedbacks.