Koodo Community

Community

Solved

switched phone and now no internet

i switched to a different phone and now i have no internet, how can i fix that? HTC One m8

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Lobna,

Make sure to follow the instructions on this page:
http://aide.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/data-on-android/How-do-I-setup-dat...

Thanks, unfortunately the page for how to setup data on Android is down, which is very frustrating! And I can't access my apn settings to change them as well
Userlevel 4

Thanks, but when I follow this on my HTC One M8 it tells me "access point name setting is not available for this user" I'm not sure how to deal with that, is it blocked by koodo somehow?
Userlevel 7
Lobna Selim wrote:

Thanks, but when I follow this on my HTC One M8 it tells me "access point name setting is not ava...

Is your sim card active? Where did you get your device?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lobna Selim wrote:

Thanks, but when I follow this on my HTC One M8 it tells me "access point name setting is not ava...

Some phones won't allow editing APN values or expect them to be tagged to the SIM. Please answer Chad's questions and let us know what was the [i]original phone model as well.
Lobna Selim wrote:

Hi, yes my sim is active and everything is functioning fine except my data/internet, my phone is HTC One M8 originally was from Wind and is unlocked (just as my previous HTC One M7, which was unlocked and working fine)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lobna Selim wrote:

Have you tried creating a [b]new apn with the values provided by [b]Jay Why above? The basic one in the phone might have been locked by the previous provider.

http://apn-settings.com/apn/htc-one-m8-apn-settings/

http://www.windmobile.ca/my-wind/faq/devices#79a34877-c3ee-6924-b2e4-ff0300f64c51
Lobna Selim wrote:

Yes I tried all this but no luck, I can't add an apn name/setting or see any apn names listed
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lobna Selim wrote:

Last ditch effort would be to back the phone up and do a factory reset.

If you are within a reasonable travelling distance, you could visit a Koodo kiosk and get them to try one of their SIMS in the phone and your SIM in one of theirs to pin down the problem.

Lobna Selim wrote:

sounds good, thank you!
Badge +4
In the APN window, where you don't see any APN's listed, try tapping the three dots in the upper right hand corner and instead of selecting 'New APN', tap 'Reset to default'. This should populate the APN area with Koodo's APN settings. After a few seconds, a message should appear; 'Reset default APN settings completed'.
Thanks, but it didn't work as well, I believe it might be an Android issue, because my old phone has the same problem now after the latest update
After several trials of restarting and entering/saving the apn settings, it finally worked, turned out to be an issue with the latest android update, thank you all for your help