Feedback
Switched carriers and can't find wifi calling option | Koodo Community
Koodo Community

Switched carriers and can't find wifi calling option

• 23 February 2021
  • 12 replies

Hello,

I just switched to Koodo today, and am trying to find the wifi-calling option. I have a Samsung A8 (which according to their help page, supports wifi calling), but where I used to find my option to use wifi calling, it is no longer there (when I’m on the dial pad, I hit the three dots and click settings, but there is no option for wifi calling). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just to confirm, you are on postpaid right?  Wifi calling is not available for prepaid customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

I just switched to Koodo today, and am trying to find the wifi-calling option. I have a Samsung A8 (which according to their help page, supports wifi calling), but where I used to find my option to use wifi calling, it is no longer there (when I’m on the dial pad, I hit the three dots and click settings, but there is no option for wifi calling). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Did you restart your phone after you ported out to Koodo?

Yes, I’m post-paid. And yes, I restarted my phone after I switched to Koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In that case, you will need to contact a rep to see if the wifi calling option is added to your account.

I suggest sending koodo a private message via facebook or twitter

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As you mentioned you moved from another carrier. If you are using a Samsung device which is not from Koodo, you might have to change the CSC code of the device before you could use VoWiFI on the device. Could you go to Settings » About phone » Software information » Check Service Provider SW ver. In the line 3 of it, did you see KDO/KDO or something else?

There  are also similar cases in the forum, I would suggest you search and check for method to change the CSC code.

Badge +4

Make sure to perform a backup of your Samsung Galaxy A8 before changing the CSC code. In most cases, this procedure will erase the contents of your phone. Use Samsung’s Smart Switch to backup your phone. 

https://www.samsung.com/ca/apps/smart-switch/ - scroll to the bottom of the page to download Smart Switch to a Windows PC or Mac computer.

Thanks @Dinh and @rikkster for your suggestions. I’m going to try calling a rep first. Will post the solution once I’ve got a solution. :blush:

I tried calling the rep, and they told me that although I am set up on their end to use wifi-calling, sometimes it doesn’t switch to the new carrier. 

I just tried the CSC option, but am getting an error when trying to dial *#060# or any other variation of the *#[some number]#.

So… no solution for me, short of getting a phone with Koodo instead.

Thanks for trying to help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think you are entering the wrong code

https://ihax.io/change-csc-samsung/

Thank you for the suggestion, Dennis. I tried using that website as well, and I still can't make any calls with the format of star, pound, some numbers, pound.

Badge +4

Try dialling this code *#243203855# select KDO for Koodo and tap install. Your phone will reboot. Check to see if the options for VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling are available. NOTE; this procedure will erase the contents of your phone, so backup anything you want to keep.

Thanks rikkster! That number worked to reset it. I now have wifi calling!