Koodo Community

Community

Solved

switch galaxy S6 from Telus to Koodo

just wondering i still have a balance owing on my galaxy s6 with telus do i have to pay that first before i switch to koodo? and do i have to unlock my phone before i switch?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unless they changed it recently It should work with a balance to telus as I know someone who did it a few months ago. No u don't have to unlock it. But I reccommend paying telus off first. So u don't get too far behind.
Userlevel 6
Chadwick wrote:

Unless they changed it recently It should work with a balance to telus as I know someone who did ...

Hey there! Just to add on, customers are able to port their number over to Koodo as long as their current account is not suspended/cancelled with their old service provider.  You'll receive a final bill on the day of your billing cycle after your port out with all of the charges. 
Userlevel 7
One you port over to Tellus, Tellus will charge you the amount owing for your phone. There is no way around it. I would contact Tellus and find out from them what are the costs when you cancel and then decide what you want to do.