Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sweden data

Travelling to sweden in a couple of months, what do i need to do to insure that i have data and texting available on my phone while i am there.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
It's highly suggested you purchase an international roaming add-on. If you add any of them, your phone will work fine in Sweden. https://www.koodomobile.com/add-ons?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Addons
Userlevel 4
It is my experience that you are better off buying a SIM card to access a European provider. European networks are much, I mean muuuuch, cheaper than North America. 
Userlevel 7
Tiz wrote:

It is my experience that you are better off buying a SIM card to access a European provider. Euro...

I would have suggestedthis first but that's not what was asked. It's common knowledge that unlocking your phone and using a foreign sim is cheaper. it's whether or not the person wants to go through the 'hassle' of doing. For someone like me, it's not problem or hassle whatsoever, but for others it could be like doing their own taxes.
Userlevel 4
Tiz wrote:

It is my experience that you are better off buying a SIM card to access a European provider. Euro...

It is not a big hassle. Just replace the SIM card and, like magic, you are going to pay for two month of intensive service (pay as you go) what you pay in Canada for a moderate service (monthly customers). I have done it many many times. And roaming in Europe is not a big deal if you choose the right plan. The phone has of course to be unlocked.