Koodo Community

Community

Solved

swap tab plan from tab s to no tab

I'm currently on the $40 tab s plan, but want to switch to a $40 no tab plan since I brought my phone from the U.S.  I have a positive amount listed on my tab, so I should be able to do this since my tab is paid off.  I can't seem to find a way to switch tab plans since every time I select the plan I want, it takes me to a 404 page.  It is so annoying since I want to take care of this today.  Any assistance would be appreciated!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So do you want to change to a better plan? You can just unlock your phone you got if it isn't already and put your Sim card in and there's no need to change plans. The way you're wording it , it seems like you know think you need to switch to a no tab plan. If you want to change to a better plan and you keep getting 404, which is kinda weird, clear your browser cache, restart your browser, try another device, try incognito /private tabs and if it stk won't work then you'll need to contact Koodo directly to get your plan changed. You can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter or call 611. Beware of potentially long wait times.
Goran wrote:

So do you want to change to a better plan? You can just unlock your phone you got if it isn't alr...

While in the U.S., I put my number on hold so I would have the same number when I came back to Canada.  I should've selected a No Tab plan then, but that option  wasn't showing up for whatever reason when I went to select a plan.  My phone is already unlocked and working with my current plan.  Bernard informed me that I can only switch every 30 days, so I just need to wait a little longer before doing so.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rhea, it looks like you just changed plans at the end of May, the 29th to be exact. You can only change plans once every 30 days so you'd have to wait a bit to be able to do it again.

I'm not sure if I follow why you'd wan to switch to the no tab version given that you have positive tab.
Bernard wrote:

Rhea, it looks like you just changed plans at the end of May, the 29th to be exact. You can only ...

Because I don't need the tab.  The $40 plan on no tab has unlimited messaging, 500 mb of data (vs 300) & 500 minutes (vs. 300).  But thanks for letting me know that I need to wait a few more days to switch!  I'll switch in July.  :)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Rhea, it looks like you just changed plans at the end of May, the 29th to be exact. You can only ...

Our current TAB small plan has exactly the same. :-)