Koodo Community

Community

Survey for the Community

Userlevel 6
1. What brand of phones do you use? How many of your past phones have been of that brand? Do you plan on sticking to the same brand for your next phone?
2. What do you think of Koodo's phone selection? If you could have one change, what would it be? (Carry dual sim phones, carry Sony, BlackBerry, or another specific brand)
3. What do you envy most from other subsidiaries? Virgin/Fido's 10% off on additional lines, Virgin/Fido's.gift cards on upgrades at 3rd party retailers (TMS, OSL, BestBuy), Fido's Spotify, Virgin's member benefits, prepaid à la carte, purely pay per use option, data only tablet plans, home internet in Ontario, PC Mobile's tiered pricing for flex data, etc.
4. What do you envy most from the big 3? Shared data, more customer support via phone, business accounts, etc.
5. What do you miss most from Koodo's early days? (CDMA, unlimited intra-network calling, grandfathered plans, old tab system, etc.)
6. What do you envy most from Rogers/Fido/Chatr? Pay bill at carrier store, caller ID name display, wireless home phone in any province, Chatr's cheap talk&text plans with tiered network coverage

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1. What brand of phones do you use? How many of your past phones have been of that brand? Do you plan on sticking to the same brand for your next phone?
>I use 3 phone a year mostly Samsung and Apple. Apple > Samsung in my opinion. Yes I plan sticking with Apple
2. What do you think of Koodo's phone selection? If you could have one change, what would it be? (Carry dual sim phones, carry Sony, BlackBerry, or another specific brand)
I can't complain. But some people might have things to say
3. What do you envy most from other subsidiaries? Virgin/Fido's 10% off on additional lines, Virgin/Fido's.gift cards on upgrades at 3rd party retailers (TMS, OSL, BestBuy), Fido's Spotify, Virgin's member benefits, prepaid à la carte, purely pay per use option, data only tablet plans, home internet in Ontario, PC Mobile's tiered pricing for flex data, etc.
Spotify membership
4. What do you envy most from the big 3? Shared data, more customer support via phone, business accounts, etc.
Share data, family plans

5. What do you miss most from Koodo's early days? (CDMA, unlimited intra-network calling, grandfathered plans, old tab system, etc.)
Nothing...I love the way it is right now
6. What do you envy most from Rogers/Fido/Chatr? Pay bill at carrier store, caller ID name display, wireless home phone in any province, Chatr's cheap talk&text plans with tiered network coverage
Don't know much about them. I love rogers share data plans and entreprises discounts
Userlevel 6
-I use the LG G3 on my PC Mobile account, my 1st LG phone since the Rumour 2.  I also have a Galaxy S5 Neo on my Koodo account (my ex-wife's line).  The next phone on my PC line will likely be the LG G4 or G5.  As far as the ex-wife's line, it's up to her what she wants.
-I know a lot of friends wish Koodo would carry newer phones from Sony, Blackberry, HTC...
-I love the Tier Pricing for Flex Data on PC for my line.  I wish there were more.gift card/PC Pts promos on Koodo upgrades (other than just on the S5 Neo as TMS)
-nothing, I have no use for the Big 3
-nothing.  I'm happy with the way things are now
--nothing, I'm not a huge fan of anything Rogers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

[b]Currenly - Apple, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Alcatel. Too many in the past to count, of pretty much every well-known brand, and many lesser-known ones. I don't plan on sticking with anything. I like variety.
[b]Sub-par. But, I don't really care about phone selection. To me, a carrier is about wirelless service and not handset offerings. 

[b]Nothing. Differences among the main budget brands are negligible. 

[b]Nothing. There is very little added value for extra cost.

[b]BYOD discount. Who misses CDMA?

[b]Nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1. Xiaomi/apple. None. Blackberry, Motorola, Samsung, LG mainly for the past. I have little brand loyalty right now. Whatever will happen to appeal to me when I feel like a new phone. 2. Lacklustre. I'd like to see more capable mid range / mid priced phones included. But I am indifferent nowadays with there being no real discount over buying elsewhere. 3. Maybe the tiered data plan as an option. Otherwise nothing of note. 4. Nothing. 5. I do miss the byod discount and the old tab system. 6. Nothing.
Userlevel 2
1. I use HTC One M8. Its my second smartphone. The first being Samsung Rugby. I look for phone durability first, then beef it up with screen protectors and cases, never lost a phone due to drops and other abuses.

2. The phone selection is annoying if you following bleeding edge products. I look for bang for the buck deals. The M8 was a great choice, I like it.

3. I look for what do I need vs. what would I like. I try to avoid overpaying for unused options. I have never owned IPhone as it seems frivolous for a fragile device.

4. I envy Bell network, but I do not envy Bell bills. I like Virgin mobile because of network use of Bell towers. Looking at costs vs. benefits at this time.

5. I have no idea what it used to be, I was Bell customer for 13 years, got tired of big bills for limited services.

6. Network quality and coverage. Bell has superior network compared to Telus. Japan is leaps and bounds above North America and Europe in most tech areas. Population density has skewed their market place choices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Gallagher wrote:

1. I use HTC One M8. Its my second smartphone. The first being Samsung Rugby. I look for phone du...

Bell and Telus, (therefore Koodo) share the same network.
Brian Gallagher wrote:

1. I use HTC One M8. Its my second smartphone. The first being Samsung Rugby. I look for phone du...

Bell and TELUS share towers, not the same network. It is possible for one of them to have better reception or speeds in some areas, but probably not superior anywhere.
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Yes, I think your right. Both companies claim they have up to 750Mbs download, but average 200. Japan has proved 5 Gbs download. Bell is testing something in the GTA , but not Japan equipment. He was right about tower sharing and you are right about the switching gear.