Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sudden data spike during phone call

At my waterfront on an inland Canadian lake and made a phone call to my daughter. Suddenly I had 2122.38 MB data usage spike at the same time. WHY?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Shannon.

Go in your phone's data usage and you will se what used so much data during that time. You will then have your answer!
Userlevel 5
My guess is that your phone didn't all of a sudden use that much data all at once. Did you receive a notification that you have used that much? Even doing system updates, 2122Mb is a lot to use in one shot. My guess is that you've used that much through your billing cycle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

My guess is that your phone didn't all of a sudden use that much data all at once. Did you receiv...

If your phone was off or out of range in cottage country for a while, notifications (and usage values) would have been backing up until you turned on the tap by making that call. The unreceived message warning you that you were reaching 90% of your limit would probably have revised itself to account for all the usage up to date.
I know when I go out of town , my Wi-Fi is off , and always make sure that my data is not accidently turned on...I shut my phone down when I don't have any service running...only common sense...