Koodo Community

Community

STRANGE.. no sim card message ..

STRANGE.. my phone samsung galaxy s5 sometimes is working , usually after turning power on in the morning than after some time shows message ,, no sim card '' emergency calls only. I've tried to restart so many times and nothing.. same massage ,, no sim card'' very strange since phone sometimes is working and sometimes shows massage - no sim.   Any idea ??

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you removed and replaced the SIM card in its slot? If that does not work, you ma need a fresh SIM card, as on occasion the cease to work properly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Heres a list of things for you to try: 1) Try factory resetting your phone (Some users have noted software error as the cause of the no sim error message appearing) 2) Try a new sim card (Like David said, yours may be faulty) 3) Try sticking a piece of paper or something similar between your sim card and the holder. (This would tell you that you have a faulty sim card slot/holder and that would need to be replaced)
Userlevel 7
Allan wrote:

Heres a list of things for you to try: 1) Try factory resetting your phone (Some users have n...

Just to Butt in.

Try number 2 first then number 1, I don't recommend number 3 ( especially if you're under warranty).