Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Strange dark spot in phone camera

There seems to be a dark spot every time I try to take a picture with my Samsung Galaxy S2X. It's just in one spot and it doesn't move.

7 replies

Sounds like you've either got dead pixels or some dirt in there. Does the dark spot move position if you take photos at different angles? (reorienting the photo for the change in angle), or if you tap it gentle to the left or right before shooting?
Iglooman wrote:

Sounds like you've either got dead pixels or some dirt in there. Does the dark spot move positio...

Dark spot seems to be in one spot. I think there might a spec of dust in there, but I'm not sure. Also, the pixel isn't too dark, it's just dark and slightly discolours the picture in different light settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Iglooman wrote:

Sounds like you've either got dead pixels or some dirt in there. Does the dark spot move positio...

a dead pixel would be evident always not only in pictures, A dust particle seems like more like the likely culprit
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I have the same phone, the only thing that comes to my mind is that something got underneath the little glass you have there on the camera...I know is hard to see if there is something there blocking your pictures because when you look at the camera all you see is black, but if this persists, you may try to use your warranty to see if they can fix it for you...
Camilo_A wrote:

I have the same phone, the only thing that comes to my mind is that something got underneath the ...

It's not completely black but I believe might have seen a spec of dust in there. I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me.Can I exchange my phone since I recently got it?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

I have the same phone, the only thing that comes to my mind is that something got underneath the ...

If it is within 14 days you will be able to exchange or return... Within 30 days for phones purchased at Koodo shop, you will be able to exchange for the same model ONLY if the unit is defective...
Camilo_A wrote:

alright ty