Koodo Community

Stop advertising as Quad HD

Koodo should be able to differentiate between Quad HD (1440p) and qHD. Phones like the galaxy core is qHD (quarter HD) but is marketed as Quad HD. This is false advertising. Step it up, Koodo, and fix this error.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Alexander, relax a bit. They will once they realize the MISTAKE. Yes, it's a mistake. Koodo isn't trying and wasn't trying to deceive anyone. You should be so quick to go on the offensive and attacking Koodo. Users here don't tend to like that. Koodo isn't shady. Tone is everything online
Hi Ahmad, thanks for your reply. I wasn't trying to sound so offensive, but it angered me because this has been on there for a long time (at least one month) and I've had a Koodo representative recommend that phone to me and he explicitly mentioned the "quad HD" screen with high resolution, when in reality, qHD is quite low standard.

Don't get me wrong, I love Koodo and its services, but this problem should be fixed much more quickly. Unfortunately, while it is a mistake, it is still false advertising, so it is in Koodo's interest to correct this sooner than later. I'm writing this post in hopes of letting Koodo know. Cheers
Userlevel 6
Alexander Ding wrote:

Hi Ahmad, thanks for your reply. I wasn't trying to sound so offensive, but it angered me because...

You are right! Mind you until you pointed out I didn't have a clue what the difference was. This helped: http://recombu.com/mobile/article/quad-hd-vs-qhd-vs-4k-ultra-hd-what-does-it-all-mean_M20472.html
Userlevel 3
Hey Alexander! Thanks for pointing this out. We didn't mean to mislead anyone. It was a missed communication with our web team when we added the phone to our website. Our apologies for this. 

We've gone in and made the change on the website. You should be able to see the correct info now.

We appreciate your feedback!
Jordan Stevens wrote:

Hey Alexander! Thanks for pointing this out. We didn't mean to mislead anyone. It was a miss...

No problem, thanks for the prompt response and fix! Glad to help out 🙂
Userlevel 7
See, like I said, Koodo isn't shady 🙂
Ahmad wrote:

See, like I said, Koodo isn't shady 🙂

I know, I didn'the mean it like that. Koodo has arguably one of the best services and PR. Kudos to Koodo for the quick fix!