Koodo Community

Still paying for unresponsive phone

• 8 November 2018
  • 8 replies

I'm paying for my phone per month via tab. The phone in question is relatively new and bit the dust for absolutely no reason. I'm extremely annoyed that I'm still paying for it but don't know if I can do anything about it. I cannot "request a callback" to talk with Koodoo because I have no phone and they don't provide other options.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Jennifer,

You would need to send it in for repair. Do you have any Koodo store around you?
Badge +4
The link below should help you.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/warranty-and-repair-policy
Hello Jennifer,

You would need to send it in for repair. Do you have any Koodo store around you?

I'm not sure, I only recently moved cities.
The link below should help you.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/warranty-and-repair-policy

Unfortunately my phone is about a month over being a year old.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well choosing to pay over 2 years unfortunately not absolve you of finishing paying if it breaks down in the meanwhile. If you wish to take advantage of say, the galaxy s8 0 upfront 360 plus tax total deal online you can pay off your tab (itll.be put on your next bill) and get a new tab.
WWhich phone do you have? What exactly happened to it? Will it not power on st all? Dead screen but otherwise appears on? Won't charge? You can contact the manufacturer directly to get it fixed or assessed to see what's wrong. Up to you what you would potentially be willing to pay to have it fixed vs just getting a good deal on a new phone or buying a used one.
Well choosing to pay over 2 years unfortunately not absolve you of finishing paying if it breaks down in the meanwhile. If you wish to take advantage of say, the galaxy s8 0 upfront 360 plus tax total deal online you can pay off your tab (itll.be put on your next bill) and get a new tab.
WWhich phone do you have? What exactly happened to it? Will it not power on st all? Dead screen but otherwise appears on? Won't charge? You can contact the manufacturer directly to get it fixed or assessed to see what's wrong. Up to you what you would potentially be willing to pay to have it fixed vs just getting a good deal on a new phone or buying a used one.

It is a Samsung Galaxy A5; one which I noticed was defective in a few ways compared to my friends model of the exact same phone, but ignored because it still worked until now. I was at about 50% charge when I turned it off and it never turned back on. No signs of life. No reaction to forced restart, no reaction to being plugged into a charger. Nothing happened to it, no cracked screen and no water damage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Samsung is actually really good with repairs. Contact Samsung directly. If you're close to a Samsung store you can just show up at one. They're out of warranty prices are decent by phone standards. It shouldnt be very expensive to fix it. The a5 is cheap and easy to open up.
I'm paying for my phone per month via tab. The phone in question is relatively new and bit the dust for absolutely no reason. I'm extremely annoyed that I'm still paying for it but don't know if I can do anything about it. I cannot "request a callback" to talk with Koodoo because I have no phone and they don't provide other options.

Can you call from a friends phone? Or family members? Do you have a laptop or PC? You can always use them.