Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Stay away from Samsung Galaxy S III

If you have in mind to get a Galaxy S III, think twice. Galaxy S III is a piece of crap with so many bugs that it is noy funny. I got mine recently and now I have 23 months to mourn my decision.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So what issues are you experiencing?
The device keeps presenting as new e-mails that I read weeks ago. When scrolling, as soon as I let go, the text goes back to the beginning. When I make a phone call I receive the message "call ended" even before being connected and I need to reboot the phone to get connected. Do you think this is enough to be disappointed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tiziano wrote:

The device keeps presenting as new e-mails that I read weeks ago. When scrolling, as soon as I le...

Did u recently update your phone?
Tiziano wrote:

The device keeps presenting as new e-mails that I read weeks ago. When scrolling, as soon as I le...

No, I got the phone from Koodo with android 4.3.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tiziano wrote:

You tried pulling the battery and sim? Factory reset?
Tiziano wrote:

I have had my SIII since January and i love it. No problems at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, I'd be disappointed too, if I had those issues, Tiziano. However, it doesn't mean the S3 is a bad model... the vast majority of people use it without those issues, without any issues in fact. You could try a factory reset, see if that solves your scrolling and call ending problems. As for emails being presented as new, that could be a server setting... what provider do you use for emails? If you retrieve them using "pop", have you set it so that it is not left on the server? If nothing helps, and if it is indeed a dud phone you got, and if my calculations are correct with your 23 months left on your Tab that it is only one month old... 😛 then why don't you visit a Koodo store to have it repaired under warranty? That's what I would do, I certainly would not sit down and suffer for the rest of my life 🙂
Sophia you are absolutely right. After you mentioned it I checked it out and I realized that the incriminated emails belonged to one of my 5 accounts: Hotmail. This is a "pop" and the setting was not to delete mails from the server. I changed it and now everything seems to be working properly. What bugs me is that I never had a similar problem in the past with other smartphones (iPhone). Thank you for your help. Now I have to address the problems of calls ending prematurely and scrolling. I had another S III - for a month -, before the one I am using now, and I had exactly the same problems. I can't believe that I am the only one experiencing this problems.
Userlevel 7
The calls ending as soon as you make them problem is a Samsung issue. After the update to 4.3, something went screwy either in their radio or baseband, etc. And it interferes with Koodo calls. Samsung has to release a patch to fix it so until then you have to toggle airplane mode on/off to fix it. Scrolling... Don't know what to say. Never had that on my S III.
I guess we have to wait for update 4.4, assuming that it will ever come, to fix the problem. I never had any problems at all with my old iPhone 3 GS, other than the unfortunate need to use iTunes, and I will most probably go back to Apple at the end of ny contract. Samsung disappointed me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tiziano wrote:

I guess we have to wait for update 4.4, assuming that it will ever come, to fix the problem. I ne...

Hmm it does sounds like your phone is dud-ish 😞 I have had several Samsungs from the basic Discover to the advanced GS4, Mega and Note 2, never experienced any of your issues. Glad your email problem got solved though! Others would probably know this better than myself, but if there is currently no patch for your scrolling and calling problems, wouldn't that mean the phone should be repaired or replaced under the warrantee? Jonathan? Timo? Anybody?
Tiziano wrote:

I guess we have to wait for update 4.4, assuming that it will ever come, to fix the problem. I ne...

Jonathan says that it is a bug in the 4.3 update and Samsung is supposed to make a patch for that.
Tiziano wrote:

.....and Timo made the same comment. This is related to the "call ended" problem.
Tiziano wrote:

Just for your info, the airplane toggling does not work. It is necessary to reboot the phone. Today there was a road accident and I needed to call 911. Sure enough I got the message "call ended" before I was even connected. A guy next to me used his iPhone and went through like a breeze. I think he is still laughing at my Samsung Galaxy "piece of crap" S III. I am considering to go back and use my old iPhone 3GS..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As long as you're happy or satisfied with the answers, Tiziano 🙂 BTW I have taken the liberty to change your idea into a question, I know your post was neither, technically, but the topic changed a little bit more into a troubleshooting thread than an idea for Koodo to implement... and this way you're more likely to get answers and help others find answers if they have the same issue 🙂
It seems to be a good idea. Thank you.
Just for your info, the airplane toggling does not work. It is necessary to reboot the phone. Today there was a road accident and I needed to call 911. Sure enough I got the message "call ended" before I was even connected. A guy next to me used his iPhone and went through like a breeze. I think he is still laughing at my Samsung Galaxy "piece of crap" S III. I am considering to go back and use my old iPhone 3GS..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tiziano wrote:

Just for your info, the airplane toggling does not work. It is necessary to reboot the phone. Tod...

Not sure what your options are. Try calling Koodo and see what they say. Not sure tech support or even Samsung can help. But I'm curious at what koodo's response will be