Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Spending cap

Signed up online put credit card info in sin number etc wanted the galaxy s5 neo so after the credit check i was told i could get a phone and plan on spending cap so i said sign me up then tried to charge me full price for the phone and on the spending cap i dont understand how thats possible either put me on the spending cap OR charge me full price for the phone. Another company put me on spending cap but gave me the phone for $0 as advertised. Was wondering if this was because i tried to get one online instead of going to a koodo store?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Hello David,

That's a great question! The service and Tab are both subject to credit approval. You can be approved for the service but the Tab allowance may vary depending on the results of the credit check. I'll be honest with you, it's possible depending on your credit score that the more credit report inquiries you make, the more chances there are that your credit performance will decline.

You can bring your own phone as an alternative. Here's a link: http://koo.do/1aU1u0o to check if a phone is compatible with our network.

Hope this helps! 
Tayeb A wrote:

Hello David,

That's a great question! The service and Tab are both subject to credit approval. Y...

Think i would have a different result if i went in the store and ran the vredit check
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tayeb A wrote:

Hello David,

That's a great question! The service and Tab are both subject to credit approval. Y...

The credit check uses the exact same system whether it is run in the store or online. You will get exactly the same result.