Koodo Community

Spammed by Koodo

Has anyone else been spammed by the Koodo messaging service(they text you and let you know if you're over your data limit, etc. "LMSAdmin@telus.com Subj: Koodo English SMS - Have you remembered to pay your Koodo Mobile bill?)? Not only have I been spammed by them, but I am also experiencing phone calls exclaiming I 'won a trip to the Bahamas' or something of the sorts. The text message they sent was, "Adriana141@attemptdevunit.ca Subj: to 9052990971 with Email2text Ap - Hey, seen your pic on Facebook, your really cute! PLS text me so we can chat 🙂 My Cell is 231'846'3668 I'm Adriana" This is from THE SAME messaging system Koodo uses to remind me to pay my phone bill.

30 replies

Userlevel 5
Although it seems like it is coming from Koodo, it is some using the "Send a Message" function on the website located here http://koodomobile.com/en/on/sendamessage.shtml Koodo really should use a Captcha verification on that to help reduce abuse
Although it seems like it is coming from Koodo, it is some using the "Send a Message" function on...But how did they get my number? I make sure not to post it to any website what-so-ever or even pamphlets, etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Although it seems like it is coming from Koodo, it is some using the "Send a Message" function on...They don't have your number, my number is so private even my Mom hardly knows it 😃 It's just a computer trying all possible combinations... Relax... Koodo is working on it 🙂
Although it seems like it is coming from Koodo, it is some using the "Send a Message" function on...Koodo has unidentified virus. They are working on it. That's what I call it anyways.
Userlevel 5
I also got the last text and it's definitely spam from somewhere else. Hopefully Koodo can somehow reduce the amount of spam that gets passed.
Userlevel 6
wow I got the 2nd message as well. Who is sending these...
wow I got the 2nd message as well. Who is sending these...Koodo has unidentified virus. They are working on it. That's what I call it anyways.
so I am not alone!! got the same text twice in the last three days. . . and I don't have a facebook account!
Myself, and both of my family members also got that exact spam text. I started receiving spam texts in the last 3 days, never had them before..
I keep getting texts from 99999999 & 416 886 numbers? Better fix this koodo. Not happy. One guy from 416 886# is STALKING ME! Fix it!
I have blocked those numbers but they keep calling me and more of the 426 886 #s kerp coming up! Again I will have to change my number!
Userlevel 4
Remember the days when it was just young kids calling and hanging up once or twice a year?
Userlevel 3
Hi there, We do understand the issues surrounding these texts and Koodo Mobile would never spam/harass their customers. Please rest assured that they're going to look into this. Thank you. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Hi there, We do understand the issues surrounding these texts and Koodo Mobile would never sp...Well, when I did call customer service I was hung up on TWICE. So I had to use my boyfriends iPhone which is registered to Bell before anyone would answer. The guy couldn't do anything about it, and when I came on here for customer service I didn't realize that I would just be talking to other customers! I would really like this fixed as I do not enjoy having people whom I don't know text me or call me, or even have my number at all. I make sure to keep it off websites and things like that, so how did they get ahold of it unless there's some sort of fault in your system? Please get this fixed as soon as people, as it seems to be getting worse and more and more people are receiving these spam text messages/phone calls.
Hi there, We do understand the issues surrounding these texts and Koodo Mobile would never sp...I totally agree with you shayla
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Whoa, no kidding! I have [i]never received spam, but 9999999999 has found me too now. I think somebody is very zealous in sending all this nonsense! 😞
Userlevel 4
Whoa, no kidding! I have [i]never received spam, but 9999999999 has found me too now. I think...I think if i get one, I'm going to be the troll that I am and respond.
Whoa, no kidding! I have [i]never received spam, but 9999999999 has found me too now. I think...^ Don't! My boyfriend did that and it just gets really creepy in the texts. Definitely seems like a robot and there was no comprehensive understanding of what was said to them, they just replied "your adorable 😘 and things like that
Whoa, no kidding! I have [i]never received spam, but 9999999999 has found me too now. I think...I just typed STOP and now i have a stalker! Don't reply back. You asking for it. I have reported this stalker to police and koodo. What do they do nothing!
Whoa, no kidding! I have [i]never received spam, but 9999999999 has found me too now. I think...To resolve this issue koodo. I will be in un installing your self service app.!
Whoa, no kidding! I have [i]never received spam, but 9999999999 has found me too now. I think...Koodo has your number when you download the koodo self service app. I just in un installed.
Userlevel 7
Whoa, no kidding! I have [i]never received spam, but 9999999999 has found me too now. I think...The issue is not with the self-serve app.
It's just wrong how this is happening, I'm surprised there are so many of you who are getting spammed as well.
It's just wrong how this is happening, I'm surprised there are so many of you who are getting spa...It's really sad that ppl do this. They have issues
It's just wrong how this is happening, I'm surprised there are so many of you who are getting spa...It's a koodo issue. They know about it