Koodo Community
Question

Spam calls

My wife and I just ported our numbers to Koodo on Sunday and ever since then we both started receiving a huge amount of spam calls. We used to be on Rogers and very rarely got any, but now we both get multiple a day.

I'm reporting them as spam, but still, what's causing this?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Likely it is just luck of the draw. Spam callers have just reached your phone number range.

Do you both have similar phone numbers?
Likely it is just luck of the draw. Spam callers have just reached your phone number range.

We do both have similar numbers, but the timing of it seems strange. Literally the exact day after we ported our numbers it started. Oh well thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We do both have similar numbers, but the timing of it seems strange. Literally the exact day after we ported our numbers it started. Oh well thanks!

It could be a coincidence. But unless other posts about the same thing shows up, it would be difficult to narrow down to someone hacking the porting process to send spam calls.
Robo spam calls for numbers are all automated for dialing, so there is not much value going out of the way to collect numbers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Correlation does not equal causation.