Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sound Working But Can't Hear Person On Other End

Nexus 5. Located AB.  Today, I started having a problem with this phone and it is only a month or so old.  All the sound works. I can hear youtube...I can hear my phone ringing...I can hear voicemail messages...But I can NOT hear the person at the end of the line. You can hear them very very faintly - not enough for a conversation. So what's up with that?  Again - I can hear sound just fine for other things but the person on the other end is too faint to have a conversation with them. They say they can hear me just fine. Help!

7 replies

And if I phone someone and they don't answer, I am still able to leave them a message and it sounds just fine. Again, the only problem I am having is that I can NOT hear the person on the other end well enough to have a conversation. They are too faint but if you really strain to hear in a quiet place, you can hear them.

Userlevel 7
Hi Joan,

Is it always the same person? Have your tried calling someone else? 
I have now determined that the only problem is with the speaker phone component.  If I have speaker phone on, I can hear them and they can hear me. If I turn speaker phone off, they can hear me but I can barely hear them - again, not well enough for a conversation.

Userlevel 7
Joan Peterson wrote:

I have now determined that the only problem is with the speaker phone component.  If I have ...

Have you tried checking to see if there is a system update that's available for your device? Have you tried a factory reset? How old is the phone?
Joan Peterson wrote:

I have now determined that the only problem is with the speaker phone component.  If I have ...

System is updated. Phone is new. Only about two months. Have not yet done a factory reset. Think I will live with just using it with speaker phone on.
Userlevel 5
Joan Peterson wrote:

I can't tell from what you stated here.  
But you have shut down and restarted your phone?
If that doesn't work,  a Factory reset is your best bet.

Joan Peterson wrote:

Yep, restarted it. Nothing. I guess factory reset might work. Crap phone. I should not have this problem. Nexus 4 was crap too as it kept shutting off randomly whenever it wanted too. Perhaps a factory reset might have worked for that too. Guess I might give that a shot or just keep using it solely using speakerphone. But not so good when you want a private conversation...So factory reset it is...or I must just content myself with it's current operation status.