Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Someone is interested in buying my phone as I have upgraded. ease

Someone is interested in buying my phone as I have upgraded. I don't want to sell it with the SIM card as I am not sure if it will stay on my account. Any suggestions? Please help.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just pull out the SIM and you can sell it. No problems there. If you cant find it, youtube or google your device and how to remove SIM and you will have no problem. Most are under the battery or near it. Or the side/top of the phone.
Chadwick wrote:

Just pull out the SIM and you can sell it. No problems there. If you cant find it, youtube or goo...

I did remove the SIM card, but she needs one for the phone before she will buy it.
Userlevel 4
If you upgraded, and both phones take the same size SIM card, then the SIM should have been moved from your old phone to your new phone since the SIM is tied to your account. If you received a new SIM (due to the new phone taking a different sized SIM), then the old SIM would have been deactivated, but you should still remove and destroy it just in case it contains any sensitive personal info.
Thanks. I did remove the SIM card, but the person that wants to buy my phone needs a SIM card the same size. Not sure where she can get one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lisa Gagnon wrote:

Thanks. I did remove the SIM card, but the person that wants to buy my phone needs a SIM card the...

That person needs to get their own SIM card. if you get them one, that is your bill which means your responsibility. That person needs a phone account be it Post paid or Pre paid. I dont recommend giving someone a SIM that belongs to you and has active service unless yur assuming responsibility to the bill if that person doesnt pay it.
Lisa Gagnon wrote:

Thanks. I did remove the SIM card, but the person that wants to buy my phone needs a SIM card the...

Thanks. I am definitely not giving the SIM card with the phone. She will need to get one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lisa Gagnon wrote:

No problem. Good call on that 🙂
Userlevel 4
I do not know what is your relation with "her", but I would suggest to go through a factory reset if you have sensitive info on your phone.