Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Snapchat only works on Wi-Fi

I have the HTC One M8 and recently my Snapchat will not work on mobile data. Other apps work fine just Snapchat will not refresh feeds or post to "my stories". Any idea what's going on?

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Look in the settings, you may have set your snapchat to only work in wi-fi by accident.
RudyW wrote:

Look in the settings, you may have set your snapchat to only work in wi-fi by accident.

I checked the settings and has mobile data enabled
Userlevel 1
RudyW wrote:

Abukar I believe what Rudy means is to check Snapchat settings. To see if snapchat is allowed to do that.
RudyW wrote:

All settings are enabled on the app.
Userlevel 7
Hi Abukar, Have you tried shutting the app down? Go in the phone's multitasking menu and swipe the app away. Sometimes apps can glitch out and not be able to receive anything. If you have difficulties with that, just turn the phone off and turn it back on. Also, verify that you are using the latest version of snapchat by going to the play store and checking for any updates available for the app. Hope this helps!
I've done all of those troubleshooting techniques. App is up to date, forced quit it, uninstalled and reinstalled it, turned phone off then back on but no changes. Snapchat works fine on WiFi but not on mobile data. Other apps work fine on mobile data, just Snapchat seems to be having issues.
Userlevel 7
I would then recommend you get in contact with the makers of snapchat as it does not seem to be an issue on Koodo's end.
Mathieu wrote:

I would then recommend you get in contact with the makers of snapchat as it does not seem to be a...

I have sent them an email earlier and did some research online and it seems to be a Snapchat issue
Userlevel 5
Mathieu wrote:

I would then recommend you get in contact with the makers of snapchat as it does not seem to be a...

Thanks for the info 🙂.
Mathieu wrote:

Anytime!
Mathieu wrote:

Update: Changing network mode seemed to fix all of the problems. Changed from LTE to HSPA and Snapchat works great now.
Userlevel 6
Mathieu wrote:

Seriously? That seems stupid on Snapchat's behalf.
Mathieu wrote:

It is very stupid and I stumbled upon it by accident.
Mathieu wrote:

As someone who doesn't really understand technical terms such as hspa can someone tell me how to do this because I'm having the same problem with snap chat
Userlevel 6
Mathieu wrote:

Hey hannah what phone are you using?

Is your data turned on?
In your data settings, is the data turned on for snapchat specifically as well?
Mathieu wrote:

Only true way to fix it is to switch to iPhone like I did. Snapchat customer service does not care about android users and the app is better optimized for iPhone users. It is a software issue. Problem keeps coming back even if it is temporarily fixed.
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hannah,

Before proceeding to further troubleshooting steps with the app. Try uninstalling snapchat, restarting your phone, reinstalling snapchat and check if it works. 
Mathieu wrote:

Ive had the same problem with snapchat too on my android phone (samgung galaxy s4) and i recently discovered that if i switch the mobile network on my phone settings, snapchat works normally. Snapchat doesnt work for me on LTE but once i use 4G or Wifi, it works like a charm