Koodo Community

Community

Solved

SMS messages from Europe show different phone number.

Can anyone explain why SMS messages from the same number in Europe all come in as from a different phone number. Every message displays a different number, usually area code 425 or 562. And a 'reply' to that number will not get delivered.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
is it possible your European friend is using some sort of service to text internationally? or are théy sending the message through the koodo website?
Chad Burr wrote:

is it possible your European friend is using some sort of service to text internationally? or are...

I assume so as she bought a sim card in Spain.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

is it possible your European friend is using some sort of service to text internationally? or are...

If she bought a SIM card in spain, then your friend will have a different number than her Koodo number. I'm not sure what you could do at your end, can you ask her how she has her phone set-up for texting while over there? Maybe via facebook or skype?
Chad Burr wrote:

Of course I understand her mobile number will be different. I can text her on that (Spain) mobile number, but the numbers showing on her texts to me are not that number, and different with every text. That's what's confusing.
Userlevel 3
Chad Burr wrote:

Hey there!

This is normal if your friend is using a third-party internet texting service. These type of services allow someone to send text messages directly from a website. Usually, the phone number you receive the text from is a number associated with the server that sends them.

Hope this helps!
Chad Burr wrote:

Thanks Veronica. I kind of expected that was the case but it's nice to have it confirmed.