Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Slow Texts

Texts in from my girlfriend on Telus are sometimes coming in slow, sometimes 10 - 15 minutes. Some are instant. Texts out to her are instant.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What about texts from others are they slow as well or just from your girlfriend or other Telus customers ? Try while the device is on taking out the battery then SIM Card for a minute or so then replace them and try it again.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

What about texts from others are they slow as well or just from your girlfriend or other Telus cu...

Sorry don't know if it prompts you if I've replied the way I did, but my response is below:
I have only tested it with her. I got my SIM card from Koodo at around 7pm EST tonight, we were testing phone calls and texting at around 10:30pm EST. I kept my old number from Bell, my Bell service was scheduled to end at midnight tonight. Is it normal to receive some delay in texts when service is that new? I have gotten an error a few times since I put the Koodo SIM card into the phone, "ME returned a temporary error." I would love to know what this error means, and if it is related to my issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don J. Legacy wrote:

I have only tested it with her. I got my SIM card from Koodo at around 7pm EST tonight, we were ...

Could be because of porting your number over, give it a full day and if the battery and Sim pull doesn't fix it then give tech support a call. If it's only with your girlfriend after trying with others then she might have to call Telus tech support.