Koodo Community

Community

Solved

since I only bought my phone today,March 30 2016, why am I paying for previous weeks?

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When did you activate your Koodo service?
Dennis wrote:

it was activated today just after I bought the phone and plan.
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

Why is it you think you're paying for previous weeks?
Dennis wrote:

I may be reading this whole thing improperly. It does say from March 7 to April 7 . Is the usual billing period prorated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Yes. Its normal. It happens everytime someone signs up. Next month everything will be normal(what you agreed upon at signing up)
Userlevel 7
I think you're seeing proration on your bill, which is normal. Or maybe this is overage? Or maybe it's the Tab charge you're seeing? I'm not sure if your bill is available yet, but if it is, please look at page 3 for explanations.
time used is only a couple of minutes so it's not overage. I have unlimited everything anyway. I also only pay $5 tab charge so that's not it.  I will have to look at page 3. Who corrects errors?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lulu wrote:

time used is only a couple of minutes so it's not overage. I have unlimited everything anyway. I ...

You say you have unlimited everything, we'll keep in mind that you don't have unlimited data so don't use it like it's unlimited and be surprised with a massive bill in the future.
Lulu wrote:

time used is only a couple of minutes so it's not overage. I have unlimited everything anyway. I ...

I, unlike most people, did not get a phone to have my computer follow me around. I have not used it as such. Ever! I'm a gramma that just wants to be able to keep in touch with my kidlets and for emergencies when I have them.
Userlevel 7
You'd have to contact customer service. 1-866-995-6636 or *611 from your phone. Since you said you just bought your phone, it probably triggered proration if it was partway through your bill cycle. I'm only guessing since we don't have access to your account here. Give them a call to see what's up.
Jonathan I wrote:

You'd have to contact customer service. 1-866-995-6636 or *611 from your phone. Since you sai...

Thank you. You were most helpful! Enjoy your day.
Userlevel 6
Yeah it's just charging you for the few days until the end of your cycle.
you will see that you were not charged the entire amount of a month.
Typical for your first bill to be confusing in this way 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello.

Here's everything you need to know about your first-bill or pro-ration. Take a look at this video hoping it will make you understand

Source: http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill

Here's a PDF of what your first bill may look like : http://koodomobile.com/samplebill.pdf
Robert wrote:

Hello.

Here's everything you need to know about your first-bill or pro-ration. Take a look...

How about massive bills? Whom do we have a contact for that and all data being used in 48hrs?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello.

Here's everything you need to know about your first-bill or pro-ration. Take a look...

Bill disputes need to be settled by calling customer service. However, we could help you see what happened to having a "massive" bill and burning through your data in 48 hours. What phone do you have? How much data? And minutes? What did the third page on your bill say about detailed explanations for where you got charged?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello.

All data used is your responsibility. Even if its used by accident. Its annoying but its facts.