Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sim card troubleshoot

I have a samsung galaxy galaxy s2x, with a standard sim card. I plan to buy a nexus 5 from the google play store, (unlocked, and 16 gb) The nexus 5 however needs a micro sim card. there is a cell shop in my area that can transfer this data, however i want to make sure that it will be compatible with the unlocked nexus 5?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Conner, Honestly, nobody stores any information on SIM cards anymore 🙂 It's all done on the phone itself, addresses, phone numbers etc... I think all you'll need to do is get a new SIM and insert it in your Nexus 5 and activate it in self service... or do what I do: cut the existing SIM to fit 😃
Thanks for the reply, my concern wasn't with the storage, simply the actual plan itself ex, texting. Just wanted to be positive i would be able to use the phone with my old sim. thanks though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Connor Shopa wrote:

Thanks for the reply, my concern wasn't with the storage, simply the actual plan itself ex, texti...

You can change SIM cards as often as you like and definitely keep your plan, number and add-ons, no worries there Connor 🙂
Connor Shopa wrote:

Thanks for the reply, my concern wasn't with the storage, simply the actual plan itself ex, texti...

Okay, perfect, Thank you:)