Koodo Community
Solved

sim card stuck

We got my husband's new phone in the mail. When I opened the sim card slot on his old phone Samsung S8A the sim card stayed inside while the slot part came out. We can not get the sim card out and scared to damage it. It still works in his old phone. 

Any tips how to get it to come out carefully? We need to put it in the new LG velvet. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Sophia 4 May 2021, 03:15

You have a few options here… if the phone is no longer important to you, you could just activate a new SIM card and use that in your new phone.

Or you could try to carefully pry it out of the old phone. If all else fails, you could take the old phone to a repair place to have it professionally removed - but that is going to cost you. Depending on the resale value of the old phone, you could still consider it though. (Meanwhile, you can still use a new SIM, no worries about it getting damaged).

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You have a few options here… if the phone is no longer important to you, you could just activate a new SIM card and use that in your new phone.

Or you could try to carefully pry it out of the old phone. If all else fails, you could take the old phone to a repair place to have it professionally removed - but that is going to cost you. Depending on the resale value of the old phone, you could still consider it though. (Meanwhile, you can still use a new SIM, no worries about it getting damaged).

So my main thing is we want to hopefully transfer stuff from the phone. We can not resell the phone as it is cracked and damaged. It's not that bad if I have to use a new sim card just not sure if Koodo stores are open in person at the moment because we are in a stay at home lockdown order. I think I will call tomorrow to see if any are open for in person and I can just just a new sim I guess

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Right, the good news is that setting up your phone nowadays had nothing to do with the SIM card. If you ordered from Koodo you actually should have received a new SIM... Or else just spend the $10 and buy one :)