Koodo Community
Solved

Sim Card Number

I have lost my Sim Card Activation number and am not sure how to go about getting a new one or finding out what my lost one was?
icon

Best answer by David AKU 6 December 2018, 17:44

If you are simply switching your SIM from an old phone to a new one, you need do nothing more.
If this is a new line, the SIM should have come pre-activated, and an email sent you to set up self serve.
If you are using a new SIM because the old one does not fit the new phone, you need to switch the SIM ID number in self serve. The SIM ID is on the SIM and the carrier card from which it is punched.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you talking about the SIM card PIN?
The number that comes on the card that the Sim Card is attached to.
My daughter accidently threw it out before I had a chance to switch my Sim over to my new phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you are simply switching your SIM from an old phone to a new one, you need do nothing more.
If this is a new line, the SIM should have come pre-activated, and an email sent you to set up self serve.
If you are using a new SIM because the old one does not fit the new phone, you need to switch the SIM ID number in self serve. The SIM ID is on the SIM and the carrier card from which it is punched.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David AKU wrote:

Look carefully on the sim. It's very tiny but the sim number is there on it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Inserting it I to a phone and looking in settings will also reveal it if it's too hard to read on the card. Or the whole credit card sized thing the sim card is attached to if the person still has that.