Koodo Community

Community

Solved

sim card already active

Trying to re-activate an old SIM card

5 replies

I am trying to put my old phone and SIM card onto another phone # on my account.  When I try to activate the SIM card on self serve it says that it is already active.  The old SIM is no long linked to my phone #.  How can I activate the old SIM and phone to the other phone # on my account?  Help, the phone is now in Alberta and I am in Ontario
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kara Lynne Dewhirst wrote:

I am trying to put my old phone and SIM card onto another phone # on my account.  When I try...

You can purchase a new SIM, and associate it to the other phone number on your account & put it in the phone you desire to use on the other phone number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Kara.

One SIM can be activated to one account only. You can not switch SIM from one account to another. 
Robert wrote:

Hello Kara.

One SIM can be activated to one account only. You can not switch SIM from one accoun...

it is all one account... just different phone #
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Kara.

One SIM can be activated to one account only. You can not switch SIM from one accoun...

You have two lines / numbers, and one payment account. Once a SIM is associated with one of those lines / numbers, it can't be associated with another.