Koodo Community
Solved

Sim Card

Userlevel 1
Hi... I have a Samsung A5, had a lot of spam, fraud & obscene calls so changed my phone number. Worst mistake I've ever made 😞.... several phone calls with technical support later and I still have no internet connection or the ability to receive text messages!! Strangely enough I can send messages, but cannot receive them. Now, what I'm told is I may need a new sim card, but would like to try and just remove and re-insert the one I have and see if that solves the problem first...…. how do I do that??

21 replies

Userlevel 3
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-insert-my-sim-card-into-the-galaxy-a5/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can also see if it'll work in another phone or not. If it doesn't work after reinserting please let us know for some further troubleshooting.
Userlevel 1
Thank you so much for giving me this link..... duh! I should have remembered that little detail!! However, my new problem is, I'm putting the ejection pin in and, nothing is happening. I'm not having a great day. I may have to go to the store and have them do it, and/or replace it, and/or I'll just get a new phone!!!!
Again, thank you and, do have a good day
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ok so you physically have to push with some effort. Double check you got the right hole and give it a good amount of force. It'll pop out.
Userlevel 1
Goran, Hi... I got the sim card out, and after putting it back in my internet connection was restored!! Yeah....
I only have one weird problem remaining, Sending & receiving texts is working fine, with everyone but my husband. He can receive texts from me but I cannot receive his! This is truly baffling us to say the least.🤔
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran, Hi... I got the sim card out, and after putting it back in my internet connection was restored!! Yeah....
I only have one weird problem remaining, Sending & receiving texts is working fine, with everyone but my husband. He can receive texts from me but I cannot receive his! This is truly baffling us to say the least.🤔

If it's only him that you are having issues with then it's likely a problem with his phone.
Userlevel 1
Hi Allan.... that's what I think as well, and that's what I told him!! However, he's stubborn and does not want to believe it. He's just going to have to work it out and stop arguing with me!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ask him if he can send and receive texts to others. Meanwhile, you could communicate through WhatsApp or Telegram or something similar... Those don't use a huge amount of data and are probably more reliable (as well as more versatile & fun).
Userlevel 1
Sophia, omgosh, I never thought to ask him that! Duh!! And, I'll check out WhatsApp too.
Thanks so much
Userlevel 1
Okay, just asked the husband and he sends & receives from everyone but me! Oh well, I don't like what he texts me most of the time anyhoo!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Haha awww, well, with we can't help with the content of your chats 😃 Maybe it needs some time to settle down, since you changed your number.

Meanwhile, have a peek at this: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-text-messaging-apps/

I like using a 3rd party chat app because you can see when your message has been read, longer messages, stickers, files, and (with Telegram for example) view the messages on any device you have close at hand - phone, tablet, PC, you name it.
Userlevel 1
I just downloaded Telegram and it looks great. Pretty sure I'll have to download it on my husband's while he's sleeping cause doubt that he'd do it. 😏 In the meantime, you could be right, we'll wait a few days and see if the text problem corrects itself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My husband and I communicate a lot through Telegram as well - we both love it. Let us know how it went with the sneaky installation 😃
Userlevel 1
It might be a few days, he's a night owl and, well, sometimes me not so much! But I will for sure let you know.... if he loves it 😘 or has a fit cause I dared open his phone 😱
Sophia, and everyone else, just want to say how much I appreciate the help you've given me today!
Do have a great evening...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try having him delete you as a contact. Then you send him a message and have him reply to that message
Userlevel 1
Dennis, Hi.... that's a great idea. He's out cutting grass right now, but definitely going to do that. I'll let you know if it works, seems like it should!!
Userlevel 1
Dennis, it didn't work!
Sophia, he will not use a messaging program!
Guys, thank you for trying to solve this for me but, it would appear it's hopeless, and so, my husband....🤐shall remain mute on my phone!
Luckily everyone else can reach me!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aww sorry to hear it. But oh well, his choice, right? You tried!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you somehow block his number?

If you have a spare phone, you can try to insert your sim into the spare to see if it changes anything. THen insert his sim into the spare to see if it changes anything.
Userlevel 3
Thedroidguy is pretty thorough in troubleshooting the problem on the A5. See if you have tried everything he suggests.
https://thedroidguy.com/2018/11/galaxy-a5-2017-cant-send-or-receive-texts-from-some-contacts-1094052
Userlevel 1
Floridot, thank you so much for the link. Great site. Everything we've tried so far has been a bust, but will keep working at it. But for now, we leave on a holiday to the west coast in two days so, much to do. But, my husband will be with me so...… won't need to worry about texts from him till we get back!!!! lol
Have a great weekend