Koodo Community
Solved

sim card

• 13 October 2018
  • 2 replies

my phone screen cracked and my phone still works my sister inaw has a phone I can possibly borrow until I can afford a new phone my question is can you send me a working sim card in the mail instead of me going to a koodo store since I live 2 hours away from the nearest one
icon

Best answer by Mats 14 October 2018, 04:48

my phone screen cracked and my phone still works my sister inaw has a phone I can possibly borrow until I can afford a new phone my question is can you send me a working sim card in the mail instead of me going to a koodo store since I live 2 hours away from the nearest one
If the sim from your phone fits in the (unlocked)phone that your sister in law gives you, just take the sim out of your old phone and put it in the new one as David states. Then all is good. If it doesn't fit you have to buy a new sim. I just tried to buy a replacement sim online and it wants me to pick a plan as well. It seems like it's trying to add a line to my account which I don't want to do. I just want a sim card. I'm either doing something wrong or it's not possible to just buy a new sim card online. Maybe someone can chime in here on how to just buy a sim online if it's possible.

If you do get a new postpaid sim you can follow the steps in the link below to get it activated.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/koodo-sim-support
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your sister in law’s phone is from Koodo or is unlocked, you may be able to just swap your SIM from your current phone to the one from her.

Yes, you can buy a replacement SIM online.
Badge +4
If the sim from your phone fits in the (unlocked)phone that your sister in law gives you, just take the sim out of your old phone and put it in the new one as David states. Then all is good. If it doesn't fit you have to buy a new sim. I just tried to buy a replacement sim online and it wants me to pick a plan as well. It seems like it's trying to add a line to my account which I don't want to do. I just want a sim card. I'm either doing something wrong or it's not possible to just buy a new sim card online. Maybe someone can chime in here on how to just buy a sim online if it's possible.

If you do get a new postpaid sim you can follow the steps in the link below to get it activated.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/koodo-sim-support