Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Should Koodo let me upgrade me to the phone I want after being belittled or should I paid Telus a $600 deposit and get the phone I want?

I have two accounts with Koodo. I went to the Westbrook Mall location in Calgary, I drove all the way from Drumheller to buy an upgrade phone or phones for both accounts for work up north. I was at the point of sale to buy a refurbish i4s and the sales lady I couldn't buy the phone because I was a prepaid client. I felt belittle. If I could get plans for both phones I would. Before I went in for medial treatment for about 4 month I was spending around $80-120 on each account. My question is should Koodo let me upgrade me to the phone I want after being belittled or should I paid Telus a $600 deposit and get the phone I want?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
iPhones used to be on prepaid but I guess they just got taken off. The website shows you what prepaid phones are available. Sorry about your experience. You'd have to go with Tab (postpaid) plans to get an iPhone 4S. You mentioned Telus high security deposit. If you get approved for Koodo postpaid, you can buy the 4S out right and go MTM then go back to prepaid after one month if you wish. Also... why would you pay $600 for a security deposit with Telus when you could just go and buy the iPhone 4S 8GB unlocked from Apple for $450 and continue your plan with Koodo? That's what the price of them from Koodo was originally anyway.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just to add your not being belittled as its a policy now that higher end / popular phones can not be purchased outright on prepaid as many people were buying a phone from Koodo since they're cheaper than most and they would then take the phone straight to another carrier. If a bunch of people do this with these more popular phones then thereiisn't stock for actual Koodo customers that are staying with koodo since they have a postpaid account. So you were not being belittled it's a policy that helps Koodo postpaid customers get the device they want when they want so they don't feeltthey need to go elsewhere to get the phone they want. In your case I'd go with Johnathan suggestion and buy it directly from Apple for the same price and best of all its unlocked.
I understand what you are saying and yes I was belittled by the sales rep. I don't need a iphone, I can use any smart phone. When you are at the point of sale for a refurbished phone and then the sales rep belittled you in front of other clients because I am a pre-paid client it is not a good feeling. Any phone than the Samsung Walmart special would do me good. I does not matter anyway, in this case the customer is always wrong. The fact is the phone could be $100 or $1000 the situation could of been dealt in a better way. I will let this monthly plans run out on both of the phone accounts and lay them to rest in the recycling bin. Thank for your time, Sincerely, Gord.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gordon Bragg wrote:

I understand what you are saying and yes I was belittled by the sales rep. I don't need a iphone...

Koodo's policy says you can't get it on prepaid, ergo the sales rep could not sell it to you. Would you have felt better if they simply refused to sell you one without telling you why?