Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Should I buy the iPhone 4 or the Nexus 4?

I'm debating between a Nexus 4 or an iPhone 4. Yes, 4, not 5. They're the same price with the same deal, so price is not an issue. I'm not looking for anything fancy. I just use my phone to call, text, use various apps (twitter, etc) and go online the odd time. Nothing fancy. Which is the better phone to get in your opinion?

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Absolutely the Nexus4. Don't look at the iPhone4, it's too old now. Same price, twice the phone, Nexus4 it is!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

Absolutely the Nexus4. Don't look at the iPhone4, it's too old now. Same price, twice the phone...

Seconded. The iphone 4 is still a solid device, but at the same price the Nexus 4 is without a doubt a much better phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have the iPhone 4. And I would choose the Nexus 4 as well. The iPhone 4 is just too old and slow compared to the Nexus 4
Userlevel 3
The reason to consider the iPhone is if you have a lot of iTunes content or apps that are Apple only. For the things you mention get the Nexus.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nexus 4 without a doubt it's got a faster, bigger, brighter, louder,&more exciting everything & is comparable to the Galaxy S4 for speed & how smooth everything works for less than half the price. The Nexus 4 even beats out the iPhone 5 so compared to the iPhone 4 it's night and day, it's no competition what so ever. Sorry to those that have the iPhone 4 and don't realize it's not a competitor anymore. I have all the phones I've just mentioned and used the HTC ONE as well as others & I've made the Nexus 4 my primary phone its that great. Koodo better get the Nexus 5 because Nexus is really the way to go, pure Android the way it's intended is unmatched by anything any other manufacturer adds to Android as you can make it exactly what you want with no apps or features you'll never use taking up valuable space. I've even made the new Nexus 7 Generation 2 my primary tablet, Ya I'm pure Nexus now & forever 😉 . Oh and look how nice the sparkly back looks in the light, so much better than the boring plain iPhone

Userlevel 6
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Nexus 4 without a doubt it's got a faster, bigger, brighter, louder,&more exciting everything & i...

I've got the same rubberized, anti-slip mats in my tool chest drawers 😃 they're awesome!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Nexus 4 without a doubt it's got a faster, bigger, brighter, louder,&more exciting everything & i...

Oh and it also comes factory unlocked if you ever want to use another carrier with it there is no worries about having to unlock the device first
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I covered my entire bedside table in that material so I can just throw all the devices I'm testing for reviews on it when switching between them, it's really handy but I'm sure the wife doesn't like my style lol.
Userlevel 6

Hmmm... I hadn't thought of that! It's actually pretty clever, and my g/f doesn't care how it looks as long as it's not on "her side" as she refers to it 😛 Is it just bad or pure genius that I also built a storage space for the Dyson on "her side" too? 😮 lol
Awesome, thank you guys! Looks like it's unanimous. Nexus 4 it is!
It depends on how fast you need a new phone. I'm personally waiting for the nexus 5 because it's just around the corner with a rumoured oct/nov launch. It should be much better than the nexus 4 and keep the same $300 price, I hope at least. I know you can't always play the waiting game for new tech as that means you'll always be waiting for the next best thing. However, my personal rule is if it's 6 months or under I can wait. The nexus 5 is possibly only 3 months away. Now whether you can wait or not is up to you. Just don't want you to have buyers remorse in few months if you didn't know the nexus 5 is out in a few months. I've been kind of obsessed about the nexus 5 in anticipation of it and google new rumours about it all the time. 😛 Here's the latest rumour about it. I can't wait till the official announcement, but until then, rumours wet my appetite. 🙂 http://www.phonearena.com/news/Despite-rumors-of-a-Motorola-Nexus-5-new-speculation-calls-for-an-LG-Nexus-5-with-Nexus-4-pricing_id46365