Koodo Community
Question

Shockfree data, shut off no MMS

I have 10 GB of shockfree data (no wifi at house so this is how we do work) I can send photos when I'm under that limit, but once I reach 100% I can no longer send MMS texts or photos. Suppose to have unlimited texting and photo sharing. Any help?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just to confirm, you are using normal text app for photos and not iMessage or RCS?

I asked to make sure if you are not using different apps for photo messaging that used normal cellular data.

Also I assumed the data was blocked from Koodo and not by data limiter in the phone.

Just to confirm, you are using normal text app for photos and not iMessage or RCS?

I asked to make sure if you are not using different apps for photo messaging that used normal cellular data.

Also I assumed the data was blocked from Koodo and not by data limiter in the phone.

Using the normal messaging app, and yea it was blocked by koodoo, not the phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is weird because last month I reached 100% of my data and tried to send a MMS and it worked. Do you keep the data ON even though you reached 100% of your monthly allotment? Also, you did not activate RCS (iMessage equivalent for Android phones)?

That is weird because last month I reached 100% of my data and tried to send a MMS and it worked. Do you keep the data ON even though you reached 100% of your monthly allotment? Also, you did not activate RCS (iMessage equivalent for Android phones)?

Yea, I keep the data on. I'm pretty sure RCS is off, (just did a quick search to see what it was and I couldnt find anything on my phone to say it was on)  last month I was also able to send and open mms messages, this month I cant which is why I'm so confused

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you able to receive MMS?

Are you able to receive MMS?

Sadly no, thats what brought me here. I cannot send or receive any MMS

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try restarting your phone to see if that fixes things?

If it doesnt, i recommend sending koodo a private message via facebook or twitter.

Try restarting your phone to see if that fixes things?

If it doesnt, i recommend sending koodo a private message via facebook or twitter.

Alright man, thanks

Found out the issue, I cannot be connected to any wifi or hotspot around otherwise it womt load any mms things. If I'm not connected to anything it works like a charm

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is strange. You should still be able to receive them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Found out the issue, I cannot be connected to any wifi or hotspot around otherwise it womt load any mms things. If I'm not connected to anything it works like a charm

Try resetting your network settings.

Note that any wifi or bluetooth connections will be lost