Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Shock free data paused my data when i reached limit on reset day

So I'm new to using shock free data. Its all set up on my phone. My reset day is the 27 of every month which is today. My data in my phone shows it has reset. So I turned on my data and I got a text message saying I've reached my 100% limit and the data will turn back on on my reset day. Which is today!! It shows I've already used 37.51mb of my data even though Koodo has paused it. What the heck is going on?!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If I recall from other posts, it resets at the end of the day, not the beginning. Your data should reset at midnight.

The counter on your phone is not connected to Koodo's servers, and can be set to any dates you want. Possibly setting it for the 28th would be a better choice, as then it will run from the 28 th to the 27th of each month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

If I recall from other posts, it resets at the end of the day, not the beginning. Your data shoul...

Indeed. The billing cycle date is the LAST day of the billing cycle, not the first.
David wrote:

If I recall from other posts, it resets at the end of the day, not the beginning. Your data shoul...

Thank you so much!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Yeah, Midnight is a confusing time. It is actually the last second of the day, not the first. Most transportation companies avoid having departures at midnight for the reason you discovered - many moved the time to 11:59pm instead.

Same with centuries - 1999 was not the end of the 20th century!