Koodo Community

Community

Shipping to incorrect address

So, so frustrating. I have been trying to order the Galaxy S8+ for days, and it wouldn't let me ship to anywhere but my billing address. I am working/living in Northern Alberta, and my billing address is my house back in Nova Scotia.

I rarely have time to call in, as I work night-shift and sleep during hours of operation. I finally got a hold of a rep, who told me to go ahead and order the S8+ and he will make sure that the warehouse gets his message to ship to my location instead of my billing address. It took about twenty minutes for this rep to take down my address, as he made me spell out every letter phonetically. He ensured me that everything would be fine, and I would be emailed with a confirmation of the change soon.

I received no such email, so I emailed the Koodo web-store. No reply. I have just received and order shipment confirmation that my phone has been shipped to NOVA SCOTIA. I am not in Nova Scotia and will not be for months! I would have been better off waiting until the phone came in store. Is there a way to cancel everything, so I can just order it directly from Samsung? Why was I told by Koodo that my phone would be shipped to me? This is ridiculously frustrating.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As part of Koodo' s fraud prevention measures, they ship only to your address of record. Send an email to the Online store, and they should cancel the order for you. To my knowledge, there is an absolute prohibition on shipping to an alternate address. I take it there is no one in NS to receive and re-ship the phone?
If there was an absolute prohibition on shipping to an alternate address, why would I have been told different by Koodo? If I was told that, I wouldn't have placed the order and I would have ordered the phone directly from Samsung Canada. I was told that it would be no problem - they took both my mailing address and a courier address, and assured me that the phone would be shipped by week's end. You tell me to send an email to the Online store, but I tried that when I didn't get a confirmation (to ensure that they received the information and that my phone was coming to the correct address) and have still received no reply.

No, there is nobody at that address to receive the phone and re-ship it. Frankly, even if there was, I shouldn't have to organize and pay for that to happen - I would not be in this mess if I weren't told by Koodo that the phone would be sent to Alberta.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
'Why' questions are really hard to answer, as I don't work for Koodo. All I can do is relate information learned from past experience, and many folk have previously found that shipping occurs only to address of record / billing address.
Sorry, I thought you were a Koodo rep. Is there any of those on this forum?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Adam Macsween. wrote:

Hi Adam - I can try to assist here.
As David mentioned, it's a fraud prevention measure that we only ship to the address we have on file.
I see that you called in to find out why your original order wasn't being processed and the agent shared the requirements for a Tab L order, but unfortunately I don't see any calls regarding the address issue, nor do I see any notes reflected on your order. In a situation like this, exceptions can be made by the web store once they authenticate you as the account owner, but you'd still be advised to update the address info. on your account. In your case, since you're now living in Alberta, it would make sense to do so anyway - especially since you say no one is at the NS address on your file.

What will happen in this case now is that the order will be returned to us - if undelivered -, and it can be re-shipped once the address is updated on your account. You'll need to contact our web store team in order to update the details, and below is the contact info:

[i]Call us at 1-844 566-3697
[i]Email us at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com
[i]Tuesday to Friday from 3pm to 9pm EST
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Adam Macsween. wrote:

Unfortunately, changing address on the account will not work well for Adam if he is a temporary worker in Alberta, and his residential address is NS. A shipping address option makes more sense in his instance.
Adam Macsween. wrote:

Correct, David. I do not live in Alberta, but I stay in a remote work camp north of Fort McMurray when I come here to work. My address on my account needs to line up with address on my credit cards... which is my home address.

I find it very strange that there are no notes on the address issue. You can see the call where an agent explained the Tab L to me... the call where I placed the order was a different agent afterwards. Can you see who that agent is, and why he failed to leave notes or complete what he assured me was taken care of? It was a long phone call to set it all up, and I just don't understand how there is no trace of it and nothing at all was done.

Adam Macsween. wrote:

I work overnight and the web store is hard to get a hold of. At this point, I suppose it would be easier and quicker to cancel everything and go buy the phone outright from Samsung, instead of waiting for it to arrive in NS, sit at a post office, finally be returned to Koodo in Ontario, and trust them to send it to the correct location eventually.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Adam Macsween. wrote:

I see - it was mentioned that you were now "working/living" in Alberta and you wouldn't be returning to NS for months.. so thought perhaps you changed your ID/banking info. accordingly.

With regards to the call about the address inquiry, I have no explanation for why it wasn't logged. I see the call on the 17th about the Tab inquiry, and I see one from today about attempting to change your address - and unfortunately the Care agent you spoke with can't make that update for you.

My suggestion would be to shoot off an email using the address I provided above, and I can further reinforce your case directly with a web store agent to let them know about the situation. This way you won't have to call, as it doesn't mesh with your hours, but the issue will still be addressed.