Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Service not activated on network error when sending mms message

Userlevel 2
When I try to send an mms text message I get a 'service not activated on network' error and it doesn't send. Regular text messages send fine. Phone is Motorola Moto G.

9 replies

Userlevel 2
is your data enabled?
Userlevel 2
Yes, it is enabled

Userlevel 2
Are you on one of the older koodo plans? If so double check to see if your plan includes picture messaging, if it does then double check you apn settings to make sure it allows mms. Another thing so check for is whether or not you have data block on your account. does your data work?
Userlevel 2
My Koodo plan was one of the older ones but I just changed it and it still isn't working. My plan says 'Unlimited SMS and MMS messaging'. My APN settings you can see in image below. I have data turned off on roaming, but otherwise yes data works. Thanks for trying to help!

Userlevel 6
jason.cumiskey wrote:

My Koodo plan was one of the older ones but I just changed it and it still isn't working. My plan...

Hi Jason, in the "APN type" box, it should be blank, same as "Authentication type". Can you edit it and try again? Keep us posted! Thank you. ******************************************** If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 2
jason.cumiskey wrote:

My Koodo plan was one of the older ones but I just changed it and it still isn't working. My plan...

See screenshot in post above. APN type isn't blank but it is greyed out and I am unable to edit it.
Userlevel 6
jason.cumiskey wrote:

Hi Jason, if you tap "Edit access point", are you able to remove the information in the field "APN type"? Thank you!
Userlevel 2
jason.cumiskey wrote:

No, tapping on Edit access point doesn't allow me to change anything.
It could possibly be the person's phone who you are trying to send to. I had that issue, tried sending the same message to another number, and it worked no problem.