Koodo Community
Question

Service

• 5 June 2020
  • 5 replies

I bought a new phone, koodo prepaid SIM, activated my phone, bought a base plan and booster.  After all that, I have no service.  The SIM still appears on the phone as unknown.  Tried to reach customer service but can't reach an actual person.  I received the usual robot letter, welcome to Koodo🤐  Still no service

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

LG K20.  If I could only speak to a human customer service person  it seems only robots are in charge now.  Couldn't customer service people work from home?

I would double check the email with the activation of the SIM again to make sure if you activated the correct SIM/account. Also can you try to reset the network settings of the phone.

You could schedule a callback with the digital assitant www.koodo.com/chat . You can ask the bot questions like “i had no service”.. It asks you some question and show you several solutions. If it still can not help, it will schedule a callback. You could also type #serviceissue or #helpss for callback option to show up earlier. 

LG K20.  If I could only speak to a human customer service person  it seems only robots are in charge now.  Couldn't customer service people work from home?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hmm, strange! What phone did you get?

It says my account is active but SIM on phone still says emergency only.  I have rebooted, taken the SIM out and then in again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you visit self serve, what does it tell you about your plan?

Also, have you rebooted your phone after you activated?