Koodo Community
Question

Service

• 5 June 2020
  • 5 replies

I bought a new phone, koodo prepaid SIM, activated my phone, bought a base plan and booster.  After all that, I have no service.  The SIM still appears on the phone as unknown.  Tried to reach customer service but can't reach an actual person.  I received the usual robot letter, welcome to Koodo🤐  Still no service

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you visit self serve, what does it tell you about your plan?

Also, have you rebooted your phone after you activated?

It says my account is active but SIM on phone still says emergency only.  I have rebooted, taken the SIM out and then in again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hmm, strange! What phone did you get?

LG K20.  If I could only speak to a human customer service person  it seems only robots are in charge now.  Couldn't customer service people work from home?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

LG K20.  If I could only speak to a human customer service person  it seems only robots are in charge now.  Couldn't customer service people work from home?

I would double check the email with the activation of the SIM again to make sure if you activated the correct SIM/account. Also can you try to reset the network settings of the phone.

You could schedule a callback with the digital assitant www.koodo.com/chat . You can ask the bot questions like “i had no service”.. It asks you some question and show you several solutions. If it still can not help, it will schedule a callback. You could also type #serviceissue or #helpss for callback option to show up earlier.