Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Serious billing complaint.

This bill is totally Unacceptable for me, I called you and changed my package by adding 45 dollar for USA and the per month package is120 $ Per month and I received and paid last bill accordingly but why you billed me 1278.38 this month to snatch money from your old and loyal customer. Why my package disconnected while I did not request you , pls cancel this bill and send me the correct bill of 120 dollar according to my package . Thanks , Syed Hassan

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Please check the page 3 of your bill PDF for an explanation of the overages. This will tell you exactly where the overage occurred. If you post a screenshot of it here (removing any account information), we can help you figure out if the charges are valid or not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Syed, as per Ivan if you look at the detailed bill, you will see that you had several thousands of minutes of roaming minutes which resulted in the current bill. Does this explain things? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@ Syed, as per Ivan if you look at the detailed bill, you will see that you had several thousands...

Seems like Syed thought he added the $45 USA roaming package. Was it not applied, or mis-applied?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@ Syed, as per Ivan if you look at the detailed bill, you will see that you had several thousands...

I see now where the disconnect is.....no, the roaming add-on was not added. 

Bernard wrote:

I just got screwed same way. I spent $120 on roaming add ons that apparently weren't working when I was using my phone in the US and Bahamas. No surprises my ass! I just got nailed $800 plus $120 useless add ons. Nice play KooDoo you win I guess? We're leaving KooDoo after years of paying our bill ahead of time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@ Lynn, I see you already called in and we tried to explain how the charges occurred. These were the add-ons you purchased:

April 22nd 3 day Unlimited US text add-on purchased $10
April 22nd 30 day International text add-on was purchased for $15
May 1st  3 day US Unlimited min, text with 150mb was purchased for $30May 3rd 10 day US unlimited min, text with 250mb of data was purchased for $40

There is quite a bit of use over the month in several places which I won't detail here. However, most of the expense came from placing call in the Bahamas you mentioned at the end of April. The add-on you purchased only covers text. 

The US calls took place on April 23 and 24th, however at that point you only had the US text add-on which doesn't cover calls. Hopefully the above was explained to you over the phone as well. 
Bernard wrote:

Yup! Sounds like Koodo! Cares about your money, Not you