Koodo Community

Community

Sending text to phone from computer over internet?

Is there a way I could send my phone a text from my computer? I've programmed a security system on my computer but it would be really nice if I could program it to send a text message to my phone over the internet when it sees something.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Have it send an email to ##########@msg.koodomobile.com
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
you can email your phone as a text your7digitcellnumber@msg.koodomobile.com
Userlevel 6
yournumber@msg.telus.com works too. For me it's always been msg.koodomobile.com though. But it's your ten digit number.
I never knew about the@msg.koodomobile.com. I just tried it -- it says it won't work because of a data block (which they enabled after I kept getting charged for no reason)
Userlevel 6
Mr. Brooks wrote:

I never knew about the@msg.koodomobile.com. I just tried it -- it says it won't work beca...

Yeah, those messages are MMS, like picture messages, so data is required.
Mr. Brooks wrote:

I never knew about the@msg.koodomobile.com. I just tried it -- it says it won't work beca...

yeah, it's funny... I pay for unlimited text and MMS, but then they want me to pay for a data plan too to be able to use it. I guess that means MMS is mostly a waste of money.
Userlevel 6
Mr. Brooks wrote:

Not exactly. MMS is included, so while it requires data, you're never billed for the data usage required for this. Other features can generate charges, but there are ways around that to reduce the risk.