Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sending text messages from Norway to Canada

I live in Canada and have free unlimited (international) texting. In light of my upcoming travels, my question is whether I will be charged for sending texts from Norway to Canada, and if so, at what cost? I do not plan to send multimedia texts, or call Canada - just to exclusively send text messages. Thank you for your help!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi there, When it comes to text messages being sent back to Canada when you travel internationally it charges at $0.60/message. I've provided a link so you can check the other roaming rates as well. http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/Travelling Hope this helps 🙂
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi there, When it comes to text messages being sent back to Canada when you travel internatio...

Do you think it would make sense to unlock my phone here and then get a sim card in Europe? The fee you listed sounds like it could really add up over the 2,5 months I'm overseas..
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi there, When it comes to text messages being sent back to Canada when you travel internatio...

If you're gonna be traveling for an extended period of time you would be better off unlocking your phone and using services while traveling, you can also put your Koodo account on a seasonal hold for up to 6 months at $15/month which will keep your number active, keep in mind that you wouldn't have your original plan so you'd have to choose an in market plan at that time.
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Thank you for your prompt replies and advice - I did some additional research in the meantime, and suppose unlocking my phone and using a SIM card abroad would be the best way to go. I don't think I need the seasonal hold option as my plan is very reasonable/cheap and it's better to pay the $40 some dollars to keep my number and plan active during and after my trip. Thanks kindly again.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

No problem at all, safe travels! 🙂