Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sending just a couple of texts from the US.

If I want to send just 1 or 2 texts from the US, is there an option of a " per text" charge? Do I only have the choice of $5.00 for 100 texts?

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there!

Koodo is offering now Easy Roam, it will cost for the USA 7$/day and will grant you access to your Canadian plan for 24 hrs...

If your intention is just a few text messages, then you can stick to Pay-per-use rates, for texting will be: 
  • $5 per 100 outgoing texts
Enjoy your trip!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes that is the smallest bucket available
Userlevel 1
Hey Susan, you would have to pay for easyroam. There is no pay per text.
Userlevel 6
I believe with the new international pay-per-use, you have unlimited incoming text but ones you send a text message, you’ll get charge $5 for 100 outgoing text and if you go over, there is another $5 charge. To avoid this, I recommend using whatsapp or Facebook messenger.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

I believe with the new international pay-per-use, you have unlimited incoming text but ones you s...

5$/100 SMS applies only for the USA (Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands).

Thanks. So, for the last 3 months, I've been charged $5 for the one text I sent from the us. What a rip. Too bad I wasn't informed that there was no longer a pay per text charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
susan wrote:

Thanks. So, for the last 3 months, I've been charged $5 for the one text I sent from the us. What...

Are you sending exactly 1 text per month over 3 months while in the US?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
susan wrote:

Thanks. So, for the last 3 months, I've been charged $5 for the one text I sent from the us. What...

Try to contact Koodo via FB or e-mail explaining the situation, pretty sure there is something that can be done in regards of that 1 text you send sporadically. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
susan wrote:

You could make a 1 minute phone call for $1.50 instead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
susan wrote:

Or just send a text message via a internet messaging app (iMessage, Skype, Messenger, etc.)