Koodo Community
Solved

selling old samsung phone

• 23 April 2021
  • 5 replies

I’d like to sell my old Samsung A8 phone

I reset it to factory settings and took out the SIM card.  I transferred All my pictures contacts etc. over to my new phone already.  I am hoping by doing this that there is absolutely no information left on the phone and I need to know if it will be locked or not now for whoever buys it.

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 23 April 2021, 04:37

All phones in Canada have come unlocked since December 2017. The Samsung A8 wasn't released until January 2018. It's already unlocked.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s more than likely unlocked already, but if it’s not, the new buyer can just send a message to Koodo on Facebook or Twitter to have it unlocked for free. So you’re good either way :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Factory resetting would erase all of your info off it.

Do you remember when you bought the phone? Anything bought from 2018 until now would be unlocked.

Factory resetting would erase all of your info off it.

Do you remember when you bought the phone? Anything bought from 2018 until now would be unlocked.

A few years ago and thank you 

It’s more than likely unlocked already, but if it’s not, the new buyer can just send a message to Koodo on Facebook or Twitter to have it unlocked for free. So you’re good either way :)

Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All phones in Canada have come unlocked since December 2017. The Samsung A8 wasn't released until January 2018. It's already unlocked.